2017 JASSC Visit to Tohoku
Promoting Friendship and Goodwill among
the People of Tohoku and California
April 14-16, 2017
Tour includes –
- 2-night accommodations in Sendai
- Breakfast on April 15 and 16, Dinner on April 15 and Lunch on April 16
- Meetings and discussions with tsunami survivors
- Visit to Community Center supported by 2011 Japan Relief Fund on the Oshika Peninsula, Miyagi prefecture
- Visit Hamaguri-hama, once a tiny fishing village now thriving on environmental tourism
- Expert, bilingual guides from JASSC partnering disaster recovery organizations (ArchiAid and the Taylor Anderson Memorial Fund)
- Motor coach for day-long visit in Miyagi-prefecture
- Tour of NIKKA Whisky’s historic Miyagikyo Distillery
- All travel on East Japan Railway Company (JR East) on shinkansen (“bullet train”) and local trains
- Social networking reception hosted by National Association of America-Japan Societies in Tokyo (evening of April 14)
Tohoku Land Only Cost: $675 per person (double occupancy). $100 single supplement.For detailed itinerary and additional information, click here
Registration Deadline: March 31, 2017
Payment must be made in full at the time of reservation. No cancellation or refunds after March 31.
America-Japan Society (Tokyo) Centennial Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
$220 JASSC Members
$250 Non-Members & Guests
Registration deadline has passed. If you are interested in attending, please contact JASSC office at 310-965-9050 ext. 104 to be placed on a wait list.No cancellation or refunds after March 13.
United Airlines Offer
Those who purchase economy class airfare to attend the AJS Centennial Celebration and/or the JASSC Tour to Tohoku will be assigned to Premium Economy. Airfare must be purchased through Kintetsu International. Click for details.
Imperial Hotel Tokyo Offer
The Imperial Hotel has a limited number of rooms available for JASSC Members to enjoy a special rate of ¥27,000/night per room on the nights of April 11 – April 13 and one additional night on April 16 (The normal rate is ¥42,000). 10% service charge, 8.8% tax and hotel tax of 200 yen per person per night will be added to this price.
Click for details.